The VenaCure EVLT™ procedure is a minimally invasive procedure that treats the source of unsightly varicose veins with no hospital stay, minimal-to-no scarring, no lengthy recovery and minimal-to-no side effects. In less than an hour, you can be free from bulging, twisted varicose veins and back to enjoying your everyday activities.
How does it work?
Using ultrasound for guidance, a specialized IV catheter is placed into the diseased vein. Through this IV catheter a small laser fiber is positioned into the portion of the vein targeted for treatment. Next, a series of “tumescent” or lidocaine based fluid injections is performed to insulate and anesthetize the vein and surrounding tissues. The laser fiber is then activated and slowly retracted through the vein, damaging the lining. The procedure takes 30-45 minutes with little to no down time after the procedure.
What are the advantages of EVLT™?
- 98% success rate
- Established and proven technology
- Minimal to no scarring
- Typically covered by insurance
What Should I Expect After Treatment?
- Mild soreness, tightness and bruising may be experienced
- Restriction from heavy lifting or high exertion activities for 1-2 weeks
- A tender or tight “rope” or “chord-like” feeling along the treated vein for 1-2 weeks
- Patients are require to wear compression wraps or stockings for 1-2 weeks to ensure closure of the vein